” If you fail to plan
You are planning to fail”
– Benjamin Franklin
The 21st century, which is believed to be an era of a competitive world, we all have to choose our journey of career building, wisely.
But how do we know which road will lead us to the exact destination?
- Most of us want to choose a career that is said to be best, and eventually, we blindly go for courses that supposedly offer the best pay packages.
- Few follow the footsteps of their relatives, friends, and family members.
- And many times due to confusion or lack of clarity, they end up taking whatever courses without any intuition.
But these scenarios result in slow progression to success due to a lack of planning in career building in their school or college days and choosing the wrong track to achievement.
This is where career guidance helps you!
What is Career Guidance?
CAREER GUIDANCE is boosting individuals to achieve their specified career preferences , professional goals and objectives, thus acting as a mentor or guide and directing the course of actions.
In short, it is a lifelong wisdom for career growth.
Many of us often get confused between Career Counseling and Career Guidance. So let’s see where they actually differ.
Career Counseling Vs Career Guidance :
- In Career counseling, you have no idea or clue about which profession will be suitable for you as you are at the initial stage of your development i.e you will be able to identify the best career options according to the assessments you do.
Whereas, in Career Guidance, you have already decided the options and your priorities but you need guidance and a career path for your growth.
- In Career counseling you need to take DMIT, Psychometric, and career aptitude tests based on which career counselor can guide you.
But, in Career Guidance, it does not require any kind of aptitude test as you have already preferred one.
- Here in Career counseling, some expertise is required that has to be based on an assessment that is assigned by a Certified Career counselor.
On the other hand, in Career Guidance, only related subject expertise is required.
For example – If you have already opted for Fashion designing, a career guidance person has already gone through many cases which are the best stream or best college and what could be the trend in the career fashions, they’ll be able to guide you accordingly.
- As Career counseling comes in the first step, it is highly advised to consider immediate after 10th or 12th as it is the exact time to assess your career counseling.
Whereas, in Career Guidance, whenever you need guidance, you can seek the services.
Steps for Career guidance:
STEP ONE – Career Awareness
- Awareness of career begins in the home and the very elementary level
- Parents and acquaintances enhance and influence children’s proficiency and awareness regarding their careers.
- Career awareness activities allow children to understand information about careers and themselves.
STEP TWO – Career Exploration
Career exploration is the method of :
- Analyzing and evaluating on self
- Personal contexts.
- Learning and work alternatives.
- Equipping and academic requirements.
Factors Affecting Career Choices
- Life goals and work values
STEP THREE – Career Preparation
- Students develop realistic and fulfilling life agendas based on their desires, interests, and abilities.
- They encounter a variation of professional opportunities through job shadowing, apprenticeships, or internships.
- Students are encouraged to develop competence in decision making, career planning, working with others, and taking responsibility for their behavior.
So what are you waiting for? Go and take the exact career guidance and achieve everything you desire with flying colors.